The world of superspeed shooting
Welcome to the incredible new world of superspeed shooting. Super slow motion — once primarily on pro cams. Thrilling fast-action images captured without distortion. Freedom to shoot in bright lighting conditions as never before. Enter the hidden realm of 1/32000-second imagination. Wonders await you with the Sony DSC RX100 IV.
Shoot beyond human vision.
Super potential. Super reality.
Inside the compactSony DSC RX100 IV is the world’s first memory-attached 1.0-type stacked CMOS sensor — a remarkable advance in image shooting possibilities. Use it to reveal the wonders of up to 40x super slow motion, super-high-speed 1/32000 sec. Anti-Distortion Shutter and handy 4K movies. Now explore infinite imaging freedom beyond imagination.
1.0-type stacked CMOS sensor with DRAM chip
Free your imagination.
View life anew at 40x super slow motion
Catch what unfolds unseen before you. Once primarily on pro cams, extremely high-frame-rate (HFR) movie recording of up to 960fps produces super slow motion of momentary movements invisible to human eyes. This feature has various settings to suit active subjects, so you can make pro-style movies of a “hidden” universe of movement all around you.
A world of wonder shot at 1/32000 sec.
The super-fast Anti-Distortion Shutter of up to 1/32000 sec. allows you to capture extremely fast motion without image distortion caused by rolling shutter.
Shoot freely in extremely bright conditions.
1/32000 sec. super-high-speed shutter
The super-fast Anti-Distortion Shutter achieves wide-range shooting coverage up to EV19 with the Sony DSC RX100 IV. You can shoot photos in extremely bright conditions, even with defocused backgrounds.
High-speed continuous shooting
Up to 16fps continuous shooting without blackout
Despite high 20.1MP count, the camera allows fast readout for continuous shooting up to 16fps without blackout — catching decisive moments in motion without missing some action.
Clip 4K movies in your pocket.
Give your creative powers free rein.
Enjoy clip 4K — super-real 4K movie feature for casual 4K shooting of up to 5 minutes. Pro-grade XAVC S codec ensures beautiful footage with high bitrate recording.
Indispensable feature for serious photographers
Retractable XGA OLED Tru-Finder is a standout feature in a camera of this size. Treated with ZEISS® T* Coating, this EVF provides corner-to-corner clear viewing on the Sony DSC RX100 IV.
Pro-inspired features for great enjoyment.
Essential gear for unforgettable pictures..
Rather than weighing you down with extras, the new pocket-size Sony DSC RX100 IV gives you the pro-class essentials you need at hand. You’re equipped for go-anywhere freedom to capture marvellous moments in memorable images.
PlayMemories Camera Apps make your camera smarter.
Add usability with key apps like Smart Remote Control (for remote shutter release via smartphone), editing and effects apps, and work in tandem with a Wi-Fi /NFC™ connection
Wide-ranging accessory selection
Pro-style options open up new possibilities.
Further expand your shooting pleasure and give your photography a professional edge with accessories designed for the RX series cameras, including a new soft leather carrying case.
Easily backup your photos to the cloud
All your memories in one place
PlayMemories Online is Sony’s cloud-based photo and video service.Backup your amazing photos taken with your camera to the cloud and access them easily from your smartphone or other devices.
*Note: Services availability depends on region.
Capture One Express (for Sony)
One of the world’s best RAW converters by Phase One
Capture One Express (for Sony) is one of the world’s best RAW converters, rendering precise colors and incredible detail. It contains flexible digital asset management, all the essential adjustment tools and fast, responsive performance in one customizable and integrated solution.
- Sensor Type
- 1.0-type (13.2mm x 8.8mm) Exmor RS CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 3:2
- Effective pixels
- Lens type
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* Lens
- F1.8 (W) – 2.8 (T)
- ND Filter
- Auto / On (3 steps) / Off
- Focal length
- Focal Length (f=) 35mm format equivalent [Still Image 3:2] f= 24-70 mm [Still Image 16:9] f= 26-76 mm [Still Image 4:3] f= 25-73 mm [Still Image 1:1] f= 30.5-89 mm [Movie 16:9] f = 25.5-74 mm (SteadyShot Standard), f = 30-86 mm (SteadyShot Active), f = 33.5-95 mm (SteadyShot Intelligent Active) [Movie 4K 16:9] f = 28-80 mm (SteadyShot Standard), [HFR 960 fps] f = 42-118 mm (Quality Priority), f = 60-170 mm (Shoot Time Priority) [HFR 480fps] f=28-80 mm (Quality Priority), f=42-118 mm (Shoot Time Priority) [HFR 240 fps] f = 26-75 mm (Quality Priority), f = 28-80 mm (Shoot Time Priority)
- Focus Range (From the Front of the Lens)
- iAuto: AF (W: Approx. 5cm (0.17 ft.) to Infinity, T: Approx. 30cm (0.99 ft.) to Infinity) / Program Auto: AF (W: Approx. 5cm (0.17 ft.) to Infinity, T: Approx.30cm (0.99 ft.) to Infinity)
- Screen Type
- 7.5cm (3.0type) (4:3) / 1,228,800 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- Brightness Control
- Manual (5 steps)/Sunny Weather
- Adjustable Angle
- Up: approx. 180 degrees, down: approx. 45 degrees
- 0.39-type electronic viewfinder(OLED)
- Built-in Flash Mode
- Auto / Flash On / Slow Synchro / Rear Sync / Flash Off
- Flash Type
- Built-in, manual pop-up
- AF Illuminator
- Auto / Off
- Flash Range
- ISO Auto: Approx.0.4m to 10.2m (W) / Approx. 0.4m to 6.5m (T), ISO12800: up to Approx. 20.4m (W) / Approx. 13.0m (T)
- Compatible Recording Media
- Memory Stick Duo;Memory Stick PRO Duo;Memory Stick PRO Duo(High Speed);Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo;Memory Stick Micro 3 ;Memory Stick XC-HG Duo;Memory Stick Micro 3 (Mark2);SD Memory Card;SDHC Memory Card(UHS-I);SDXC Memory Card(UHS-I);microSD Memory Card 3 ;microSDHC Memory Card 3 ;microSDXC Memory Card 3
- Recording Format
- Still Image: JPEG ( DCF Ver 2.0, Exif Ver 2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format);Movie: XAVG S, AVCHD format Ver.2.0 compatible MP4
- Still Image Number of recorded pixels (Image Size)
- [16:9] 17M (5,472×3,080) / 7.5M (3,648×2,056) / 4.2M (2,720×1,528)
- Movie Recording Mode
- NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode AVCHD: 28M PS (1920 x 1080/50p) / 24M FX (1920 x 1080/50i) / 17M FH (1920 x 1080/50i) / 24M FX (1920 x 1080/25p) / 17M FH (1920 x 1080/25p), XAVC S 4K: 25p 100M (3840 x 2160/25p) / 25p 60M (3840 x 2160/25p), XAVC S HD:50p 50M (1920 x 1080/50p) / 25p 50M (1920 x 1080/25p) / 100p 100M (1920 x 1080/100p) / 100p 60M (1920 x 1080/100p), MP4: 28M (1920 x 1080/50p) / 16M (1920 x 1080/25p) / 6M (1280 x 720/25p) [NTSC] mode AVCHD: 28M PS (1920 x 1080/60p) / 24M FX (1920 x 1080/60i) / 17M FH (1920 x 1080/60i) / 24M FX (1920 x 1080/24p) / 17M FH (1920 x 1080/24p), XAVC S 4K: 30p 100M (3840 x 2160/30p) / 30p 60M (3840 x 2160/30p) / 24p 100M (3840 x 2160/24p) / 24p 60M (3840 x 2160/24p), XAVC S HD:60p 50M (1920 x 1080/60p) / 30p 50M (1920 x 1080/30p) / 24p 50M (1920 x 1080/24p) / 120p 100M (1920 x 1080/120p) / 120p 60M (1920 x 1080/120p), MP4: 28M (1920 x 1080/60p) / 16M (1920 x 1080/30p) / 6M (1280 x 720/30p) Sensor Readout Number of effective pixels: Quality Priority: 240fps/250fps (1824 x 1026), 480fps/500fps (1676 x 566), 960fps/1000fps (1136 x 384)/ Shoot Time Priority: 240fps/250fps (1676 x 566), 480fps/500fps (1136 x 384), 960fps/1000fps (800 x 270)
- Movie Recording Mode
- [PAL] mode AVCHD: 28M PS(1,920×1,080/50p) / 24M FX(1,920×1,080/50i) / 17M FH(1,920×1,080/50i) / 24M FX(1,920×1,080/25p) / 17M FH(1,920×1,080/25p), XAVC S 4K: 25p 100M(3,840×2,160/25p) / 25p 60M(3,840×2,160/25p), XAVC S HD:50p 50M(1,920×1,080/50p) / 25p 50M(1,920×1,080/25p) / 100p 100M(1,920×1,080/100p) / 100p 60M(1,920×1,080/100p), MP4: 28M(1,920×1,080/50p) / 16M(1,920×1,080/25p) / 6M(1,280×720/25p)
- NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] mode XAVC S HD: 60p 50M (1920 x 1080/240 fps), 60p 50M (1920 x 1080/480 fps), 60p 50M (1920 x 1080/960 fps) / 30p 50M (1920 x 1080/240 fps), 30p 50M (1920 x 1080/480 fps), 30p 50M (1920 x 1080/960 fps) / 24p 50M (1920 x 1080/240 fps), 24p 50M (1920 x 1080/480 fps), 24p 50M (1920 x 1080/960 fps), NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode XAVC S HD: 50p 50M (1920 x 1080/250 fps), 50p 50M (1920 x 1080/500 fps), 50p 50M (1920 x 1080/1000 fps) / 25p 50M (1920 x 1080/250 fps), 25p 50M (1920 x 1080/500 fps), 25p 50M (1920 x 1080/1000 fps)
- Still Image Resolution
- 3:2mode:20M(5,472×3,648) / 10M(3,888×2,592) / 5M(2,736×1,824),4:3mode:18M(4,864×3,648) / 10M(3,648×2,736) / 5M(2,592×1,944) / VGA,16:9mode:17M(5,472×3,080) / 7.5M(3,648×2,056) / 4.2M(2,720×1,528),1:1mode:13M(3,648×3,648) / 6.5M(2,544×2,544) / 3.7M(1,920×1,920) ,Sweep Panorama:Wide(12,416×1,856/5,536×2,160),Standard(8,192×1,856/3,872×2,160)
- Input and Output Terminals
- Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0), Micro HDMI, Multi/Micro USB Terminal
- Wireless Capabilities
- NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- Wireless Capabilities
- NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing, Wi-Fi
- Battery System
- Power Consumption (Camera Mode)
- Approx. 1.9W with LCD monitor and approx. 2.3W with viewfinder(CIPA standard)
- USB Charge/USB Power Supply
- Yes (Shooting, Playback)
- Battery Life(Still Images)
- Still Images (CIPA) 4 :Monitor: Approx. 280 / Approx. 140 min. Viewfinder: Approx. 230 / Approx. 115min; Movies (actual shooting) 5 6 : Monitor: Approx. 45 min., Viewfinder: Approx. 45 min. (In [MP4 28M] mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 20 min. and max. file size is 4 GB); Movies (continuous shooting) 5 Monitor: Approx. 80 min. Viewfinder: Approx. 85 min. (In [MP4 28M] mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 20 min. and max. file size is 4 GB) 7
- Supplied Battery
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1
- Photo Creativity
- Shooting Functions
- Eye AF;Face Detection;Face Registration;Still Image Recording (during movie recording);Smile shutter;Grid Line;Quick Navi;Digital Level Gauge (pitch and roll);WB Bracket;DRO Bracketing;MF Assist;Peaking;Zebra;Marker Display;Micref Level;Step Zoom / Quick Zoom;Self-portrait timer;TC/UB;Photographer Name & Copyright;ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed;PC Remote Controll
- Playback Modes
- BRAVIA Sync(Control for HDMI);9/25-frame index view;Auto Orientation;Slide Show;Forward/Rewind (Movie);Delete;Protect;Motion Shot Video;Beatuty Effect;TRILUMINOS Colour;4K image output
- Index Playback
- 9 / 25 images
- Playback Zoom
- Depends on Image Size
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (CIPA)
- 101.6 x 58.1 x 41.0 mm
- Weight (CIPA)
- 271 g (Body only), 298 g (With battery and media)
What’s In The Box
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1
- AC AdaptorAC-UB10C/UB10D
- Micro USB cable
- Wrist Strap
- Strap adapter
- Instruction Manual