Capture smooth, blur-free images
Built-in Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilisation within the Sony SEL 18–200mm F3.5–6.3 OSS LE ensures smooth, blur-free photos and videos when shooting handheld.
Instead of a standard polygon-shaped lens aperture, this lens features a 7-blade circular aperture for more natural, rounded defocusing or ‘bokeh’.
Refined optical performance
Aspherical lens elements minimise distortion while ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements provide superior contrast, resolution, and colour fidelity.
Fast, agile focusing
An internal focusing mechanism means the lens barrel doesn’t move, enabling a more compact design, faster autofocus response, and reduced minimum focusing distances.
- Light, compact, versatile telephoto with powerful 11x zoom range from wide angle to telephoto
- Ideal for travel, portraits, nature and a wide range of everyday shooting applications
- Smooth, quiet, high-speed autofocus with linear motor: ideal for still and HD movie shooting
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation within lens for crisp, stable handheld shooting
- High-quality optics, with 4 aspheric lens elements and 2 ED elements for excellent contrast and sharpness with low distortion
- Macro shooting capability: focus clearly on subjects as close as 0.5m
- 7-blade circular aperture for beautiful defocus effects
- Direct Manual Focus gives precise control over touching-up focus for fine creative control over beautiful images